Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Taste of Italy

I have always loved Italian food, but eating REAL Italian food is a real treat. Those Italians really know how to make some tasty food! I dont think my tastebuds will ever be the same again.


These are simple Hour's Diervs we had at the wedding. It was bread, with a soft mild cheese, and then topped with either salmon, cavier, pancheta, or those orange fish eggs they put on sushi. These were soooooooo tasty!!!!! And yes, I tried cavier! It was pretty good actually. It is salty and fishy and pops in your mouth. However, I dont feel the need to pay a ton of money for it, so I am glad I was able to try it.
And on the side, there is also fresh Italin Parmigano Regiano! It is very expensive, and VERY yummy!!!


This is the first course of the most expensive meal of my life! Caprese salad with incredible ripe tomatos, fresh mozzorella and another kind of tasy herb. SOOOOOOOO FREAKING GOOD!!!



The second course was al dente penne, with frsh tomato sauce, eggplant and parmigano regiano. The eggplant was a nice touch. YUM!



The main course was salted sea bass in a lemon sauce. The Amalfi coast is famous for their lemons, so I wanted to try this dish. It was soooo fabulous! But by this time I was super stuffed, so I tried to eat most of it. I have nver eaten so much food at once. Oh, and did I mention that dinner lasted two hours? Yeah, the Italians take their time with food, so that is probabbly why it wi sooooo amazing!


In Rome I had the best pizza of my life! This was all cheese!!!! Fresh mozzorella, provalone, blue  chese and another soft yummy cheese, with fresh tomatos. It was so big, I had to fold it to eat it. I want another one!!!!!!


And to answer all of your questions, YES! Italy has the best gelato EVER!!!!! I had some everyday that I was there! This one is at a small place just outside of Pompei. It was chocolate chip, and I loved every bite!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment