Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Best Week of My Life! Oh How I Adore Scotland!!!


Last weekend I went to Scotland for 5 days, and it was a whirlwind of adventure!!! I had the best week of my life! There was never a dull moment and we were laughing constantly. And Scotland was so beautiful! The Highlands were especially gorgeous with their rocky cliffs, never ending waterfalls, rivers and lochs everywhere and green mossy hills. We went on a Haggis Tour of Wild & Sexy Scotland, and let me tell you, that Scotland was indeed wild and very sexy!

We started our journey in Edinburgh, and just hung out there the first night. The castle was on a hill and all lit up. It was gorgeous! Then on Friday morning we got a two small buses with our two amazing tour guides, Tony and Uncle Fergie. I was on Uncle Fergie’s bus, and he told us all sorts of cool history and funny stories about Scotland. He even played Britney Spears for us and sang along in his deep Scottish voice. It was awesome!

So we drove around seeing various sites, and went all over Scotland! We went to Glencoe, Inverness, the Isle of Skye and Loch Ness. And Scotland is one of the most beautiful places in the world!!! I cannot wait to go back! So here are some photos of some of the places that I went and some of the adventures that I had.


So this is our awesome bus. All of us crazy Californians had a great time!!!



The Wild and Sexy Tour of Scotland!!!



This is Hamish the Hairy Cow (Pronounced hairy coo) He is the most famous hairy coo in Scotland. He is married to Heather, another hairy coo, and this is their baby. They are sooo cute!!!!


And here is some gorgeous scenery from all over Scotland. Now you see why I want to live here. It looks like freaking Middle Earth!





See, it looks like the Shire!!!!


This is Glencoe. Glen means Valley in Scottish, and it was so gorgeous! And if you pass by here when it is raining, over 1500 little waterfalls appear along the cliffs. But even without the waterfalls, it was gorgeous! And according to legend, a Giant lives here high up in a cave. Cool huh?


This is the famous Loch Ness!!! Our tour guide, Uncle Fergie, took advantage of us gulable Americans and told us that if we went knee deep into te Loch and shouted "I Believe!" then Nessie herself woudl appear behind us in the picture. Let me know if you can spot her haha. And to answer your question, YES, the water was freezing cold! But it was super epic to wade in Loch Ness.


But I found Nessie eventually! And this is the cute baby Nessie!


Does anyone recognize this castle? Just imagine two pompus French knights on the wall, flinging insults and farm animals. Thats right! Its the Monty Python Castle! And another reason why I love Scotland so much is that no matter where you go, around every corner you will find either a castle, or and old stone church. It is absolutely incredible!



I had to do it. This is Eilean Donan Castle. It is the most photographed castle in Scotland. it was in a James Bond movie, and the chick flick Maid of Honor.


On the first day, we hiked up a pretty steep hill to get to the William Wallace Memorial. Once we got to the top, we had a lovely view of Stirling Castle and the Lowlands.


This is Edinborgh Castle. It is quite impressive, and it totally reminds me of Hogwarts! In fact, there is a lot of HP stuff in Scotland. We saw where Haggrids hut was, and the cafe where JK wrote the books, as well as Tom Riddles grave (yes, he was a real person) And for everyone in the HP book club, I will bring lots of pictures of all of these things to the meeting in January!


Kissin a Scottsman! He was a wee bit tall for me though.


And while there, I ate entirely too much shortbread! And it was all sooooo fabulous! This one even has coconut! YUM!!!








2 comments:

  1. this looks so awesome!!! and when i saw that castle, i thought to myself, "your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!!" ha... then i saw your caption. love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cool :) Made of Honor is one of my very favorites.

    ReplyDelete